Copywriting Editor for Lomography Magazine
Makati City (National Capital Reg)
Creation of written content for the Lomography Online Magazine, LomoMag app, press releases and marketing materials– everything around Lomography in the broadest sense. Job responsibilities entail (but are not limited to):
• Write a variety of articles to be published in the Online Magazine under strict timelines.
• Produce quality content that will appeal to the target market and generate traffic for the website.
• Research and write articles on interesting creative photography, art, and pop-culture related topics.
• Pitch stories for the online magazine and develop a network of artists and photographers to be featured on the Magazine.
• Conduct interviews with artists and photographers regularly and feature them on the Magazine.
• Edit and publish community and locally submitted pieces as needed.
• Writing topics may include: artist and photographer profiles, camera descriptions, tips and tricks, history, instruction concepts and editorial text, establishing an emotional, pictographic, creative and interactive linguistic “world” around all Lomographic cameras and products
• About Lomography – updating and development of all standard content regarding Lomography and the Lomographic Society International
• About Lomographic projects – content regarding all different creative and artistic projects developed by the Lomographic society international: International competitions, city guides, exhibitions and exhibition tours, cooperations with artistic/cultural/socially active institutions (museums, media, publishing companies, non profit organisations, etc.), party – concepts, cooperations with other brands; independent book projects and releases
• General marketing copy (flyers, posters, folders, product catalogues, online newsletters etc.)
• Come to work from 2:00pm – 10:00pm (Manila time), and be punctual in terms of attendance.
• Coordinate with the team of Online Editors and Writers, with supervision from the Editor-in-Chief.
• Develop written content for the Lomography.com website, enjoying the fast-paced, ever-changing world of Lomography online.
• Come up with words and verbal content that are used alongside the visual elements used in Lomography.com.
• Timely publication of user-submitted and editor generated content in accordance with Magazine backend schedules.
• Gain a deep understanding of Lomography’s product, target audience, and competitor activities.
• Work is deadline-driven; work is officially 5 days a week, so deadlines must be strictly and efficiently met.
• Establish strong relationships across departments and an understanding of the target market’s needs, the consumer experience, marketing strategy, and operational capabilities.
• Highly creative and imaginative, with good written and interpersonal skills. Can work well in a team, and can work under pressure. Must also have an eye for detail, and has an interest in film photography, Lomography, and popular culture.
• Familiarity with Lomography products is a plus.
• Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s/College Degree, Advertising/Media, Art/Design/Creative Multimedia, Humanities/Liberal Arts, Linguistics/Languages, Mass Communications or equivalent.
• Required skill(s): writing and editing skills. Impeccable grammar is a must.
• Must be a team player with a positive, can-do attitude.
• Flexible and can adjust to directives as necessary and in support of the brand.
• At least 1 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position.
• Applicants must be willing to work in Makati City, with a work schedule or 2pm-10pm, Mondays-Fridays, MNL time. Philippine holidays will also be observed.
• Preferably 1-4 Yrs Experienced Employees specializing in Journalism/Editorial tasks or equivalent
Interested applicants will be contacted via email. Please be sure to check your email constantly if you’re applying for the position.
Knowledge and appreciation of photography preferred. Experience in creative photography a plus.
We are looking for someone with journalistic and/or content writing experience in a fast-paced web environment. Being a part of the Lomography Community is a plus.
Interested? Email your CV and writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading: APPLICATION FOR COPYWRITING EDITOR – (name)